Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by William Bagby <wi...@adone.com> on 2001/06/06 17:54:00 UTC

Cocoon 1.8.2 + SAXON: Failed to Compile Stylesheet ERROR

I am using Cocoon 1.8.2 on Weblogic 5.1, and I decided to switch from Xalan
to Saxon to get a performance boost.  The installation went (relatively)
smoothly, but now I'm getting the following error when I attempt to view one
of my pages:

      javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to
compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
              at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
              at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
              at
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException.<init>(TransformerException.java:12
9)
              at
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException.<init>(TransformerConf
igurationException.java:41)
              at
com.icl.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.prepare(PreparedStyleSheet.java:119)
              at
com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.jav
a:119)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.transformer.SAXONTransformer.getTransformer(SAXONTransform
er.java:309)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.transformer.SAXONTransformer.transform(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(XSLTProcessor.java:11
6)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)

etc., etc...

My next move is going through my XSL bit by bit to find this supposed error,
but I'm hoping that maybe someone has encountered this error message.

I tried the same XSL with Instant Saxon in XMLSpy and it worked fine. In
addition, there are other pages that I'm able to view  with Cocoon + Saxon.
The above page worked with Cocoon + Xalan, even if it was slow as molasses
in winter.

Forgive me if this is off-topic, but it is at least Cocoon-related.  Maybe I
should post this to the XSL list?

William Bagby.

Re: Cocoon 1.8.2 + SAXON: Failed to Compile Stylesheet ERROR

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

William Bagby a écrit :

> I am using Cocoon 1.8.2 on Weblogic 5.1, and I decided to switch from Xalan
> to Saxon to get a performance boost.  The installation went (relatively)
> smoothly, but now I'm getting the following error when I attempt to view one
> of my pages:
>
>       javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to
> compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
>               at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
>               at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
>               at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
>               at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
>               at
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException.<init>(TransformerException.java:12
> 9)
>               at
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException.<init>(TransformerConf
> igurationException.java:41)
>               at
> com.icl.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.prepare(PreparedStyleSheet.java:119)
>               at
> com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.jav
> a:119)
>               at
> org.apache.cocoon.transformer.SAXONTransformer.getTransformer(SAXONTransform
> er.java:309)
>               at
> org.apache.cocoon.transformer.SAXONTransformer.transform(Compiled Code)
>               at
> org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(XSLTProcessor.java:11
> 6)
>               at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
>               at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:183)
>               at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
>
> etc., etc...
>
> My next move is going through my XSL bit by bit to find this supposed error,
> but I'm hoping that maybe someone has encountered this error message.
>
> I tried the same XSL with Instant Saxon in XMLSpy and it worked fine. In
> addition, there are other pages that I'm able to view  with Cocoon + Saxon.
> The above page worked with Cocoon + Xalan, even if it was slow as molasses
> in winter.
>
> Forgive me if this is off-topic, but it is at least Cocoon-related.  Maybe I
> should post this to the XSL list?
>
> William Bagby.

Does your stylesheet use Xalan-specific features that aren't handled by
Saxon ? Along with this error, Saxon writes some more meaningful
messages in (I guess) System.err which gets printed in my Tomcat
console. You should check weblogic logs or console for this message.
--
Sylvain Wallez