Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ch...@epamail.epa.gov on 2001/08/14 17:49:28 UTC

Changing the TARGET from Servlet for displaying something on the client.

I have an issue here with Servlet and TARGET ( <form name="xyz" .... TARGET
="xxx">).
Once I submit the FORM to a Servlet with a specified TARGET in the FORM
tag, can I change the TARGET in the Servlet  code to some other form.

Can any one tell me how can I do it.

FYI: I use the following code to forward to a JSP from the Servlet.

RequestDispatcher dispatcher =  getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher
("/.../test.jsp");
dispatcher.forward(request, response);

Thanks for your help.

-Chinni.

V R Chinni (DPRA).
Contractor for EPA.
214-665-6783

Re: Changing the TARGET from Servlet for displaying something on the client.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately, TARGET is a client-side thing, not a server-side
thing.  There are no standard HTTP headers that allow the server to set
this, although there might be some browser-specific non-standard headers
to do so.

Craig