Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Glenn Sieb <ra...@wingfoot.org> on 2003/05/14 20:03:11 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_perl running scripts very oddly.. help!

I have an apache 1.3.27 with mod_perl 1.27 on it..

When I have scripts going through mod_perl using:

<Directory "/home/<username-removed-for-security>/public_html/twiki/bin">
        Options +ExecCGI
        AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .pl
        AddHandler perl-script .cgi .pl
        #SetHandler cgi-script
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::Registry
        PerlSendHeader On
        #Redirect /urlpath/to/TWiki/index.html
http://your.domain.com/urlpath/to
/TWiki/bin/view
        AuthUserFile /home/criley/public_html/twiki/data/.htpasswd
        AuthName ByPassword
        AuthType Basic
        ErrorDocument 401
/usr/criley/twiki/bin/oops/TWiki/TWikiRegistration?tem
plate=oopsauth
        <Files ~ "[^/]*\.html$">
               SetHandler blabla
               allow from all
        </Files>
        <Files "edit">
               require valid-user
        </Files>
        <Files "preview">
               require valid-user
        </Files>
        <Files "save">
               require valid-user
        </Files>
        <Files "attach">
               require valid-user
        </Files>
        <Files "upload">

        </Files>
        <Files "rename">
               require valid-user
        </Files>
        <Files "installpasswd">
               require valid-user
        </Files>
        <Files "*">
               allow from all
        </Files>
</Directory>

When I run a script (in this case bin/testenv), it shows that all CGI
scripts are running as root (if it's right after bootup) or as me (if I've
su -'d to root and restarted apache at any point). Please keep in mind
that the above configuration is NOT for my home directory, but another
user's.

I have User www and Group www in httpd.conf -- so how do I force mod_perl
to run as www:www (or even as the user who owns the script)? It's causing
no end of grief. I'd tried suExec to no avail in the past.

If I'm leaving out any information, I'll be happy to provide what I can..
I just don't understand what's going on here :-/

Thank you in advance,
Glenn
---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2002 Glenn E. Sieb.    IRC: Rainbear    Yahoo: Rainbear_NJ
"All acts of Love and Pleasure are Her rituals" Charge of the Goddess