Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/07 02:01:35 UTC

About logging

I have a problem that I haven't resolved yet around logging. I have
log4j within my application, what I see is that every log line is
written to my log file specified in log4j (as expected) but there is
also one entry in catalina.out. I had asked this question in the
thread http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=122463910906594&w=2 earlier
but reading that thread again I have some more questions:

1. What does tomact julian jar do?
2. Would I still get tomcat specific entries in catalina.out,
localhost, manager log files or do I then need to create new log4j
file?