Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by François Beausoleil <fb...@ftml.net> on 2004/10/08 19:08:50 UTC

Re: Sending commit e-mails using Ant

R Smith wrote:
> Hi.  I would like to send e-mails after commits in Subversion, but my
> manager doesn't want me to use a Perl script such as "commit-email.pl."
> Instead, he wants me to use Apache Ant.  Does anyone know if there's a
> copy of some good code out there that does this?  If not, can anyone
> give me some specific pointers about trying to accomplish this task with
> Ant, or should it all be fairly straightforward?  Thanks for any help.

It should be fairly straightforward.  Your post-commit hook will need to
call ant and send it's parameters to Ant using Ant properties:
ant -Dsvn.author=$1 -Dsvn.newrev=$2

(NOTE:  Not the real parameters - just examples)

Then, from Ant, you'll call svnlook to examine the changes, and do
everything you'll need.

Hope that helps !
François