Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 16:19:16 UTC

openejb3 and web services

Hi,

I'm looking into integrating CXF with OpenEJB (OpenEJB3 specifically
as that's the version that supposed to be integrated in M2). I see
that OpenEJB2 has a bunch of code for web services support that's
based on Axis1. However, I do not see such code for OpenEJB3. So I'm
wondering what that means exactly as we still need support for
JAX-RPC-based web services in 2.0. Perhaps the code hasn't been ported
over yet or I'm just not finding the right code?

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks,
Jarek

Re: openejb3 and web services

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@gmail.com>.
Sorry In Jumping to late to this topic.Is this about "Common Annotations for
the Java Platform?Basically JSR250? in the report card.I went through the
spec and it has not dined when to use what (comment annotations)
If yes,that way it all technologies can use the same
version of the annotations and there will be consistency in the annotations
used
across the platforms.

So In present openejb3 has sort of tested over JSR250 ?I'm interested of
testing it.
Thanks and Regards
Kanchana

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
David,

That sounds like a good plan to me. Better to have something running
then nothing at all.

Jarek

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jan 9, 2007, at 7:28 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2007, at 10:19 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking into integrating CXF with OpenEJB (OpenEJB3 specifically
>> as that's the version that supposed to be integrated in M2). I see
>> that OpenEJB2 has a bunch of code for web services support that's
>> based on Axis1. However, I do not see such code for OpenEJB3. So I'm
>> wondering what that means exactly as we still need support for
>> JAX-RPC-based web services in 2.0. Perhaps the code hasn't been
>> ported
>> over yet or I'm just not finding the right code?
>>
>> Can someone please clarify?
>
> I think no one has looked at porting the code yet, but I could be
> wrong.  I hope that whatever we come up with for openejb3 can work
> with axis1, cxf, and axis2, but I don't yet have an idea if this is
> practical.

Right, it's not ported yet.

-David

Re: openejb3 and web services