Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2007/03/27 09:11:14 UTC

6.0.11 anyone

Any thoughts on a 6.0.11 release?

Filip

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Will it be a 6.0.11 beta or a release ?

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
+1

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by "William L. Thomson Jr." <wl...@gentoo.org>.
On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 14:51 -0600, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> man, you sure like to write.

Doesn't take long to type ;)

> The buildscript command:
>
> ant -f extras.xml
>
> generates two files
> output\extras\tomcat-juli.jar
> output\extras\tomcat-juli-adapters.jar
>
> All i'm asking is that these two get generated at release time
>
> what I'm doing is publishing .jar files to a maven repository for
> containers that use Tomcat embedded or just want to use independent jars

Ok, that makes sense. We are discussing how we can integrate and use
maven with our packaging system on Gentoo. Also need to have an embedded
version of Tomcat available for like JBoss.

> So, apache-tomcat-6.0.11.zip will NOT contain these jars.

Ok great, I am 100% clear now. Thanks and sorry about all that. Despite
us building from source. We try to make the resulting install provide
what upstream does. So if those jars were in there, I would need to
include them. But they won't so I don't ;)

> But they were generated during the build, and is available somewhere so
> that I can run the "mavenize" script, and push those files to ASF's
> maven repository.

I was not clear on the generation vs packaging. Thanks and sorry for
lengths.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
man, you sure like to write.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by "William L. Thomson Jr." <wl...@gentoo.org>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by "William L. Thomson Jr." <wl...@gentoo.org>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Erik Bertelsen <be...@gmail.com>.

> > I don't see any problem then. Since it is generated during the
> > releases if you type "ant -f extras.xml", it should be possible for
> > the RM to release these extra binaries (at least the binaries which
> > may be legally shipped, or are practical to ship) along with the
> > regular packages.
> yes, this is what I was hoping for. Makes my life so much easier.

yes, please do.

This will make it possible for people using commons-logging as their general
logging framework to continue to doing that (regardless of whether commons-
logging is used with log4j or whatever).

- Erik

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by "William L. Thomson Jr." <wl...@gentoo.org>.
On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 23:22 +0200, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> > oh, and can we have the JULI with support for commons-logging built as
> > part of the standard build?
> > if, yes, then I will be happy to do it
>
> IMO, no. I'd like to keep a no dependencies, no nonsense build :)

Please and thank you. Tomcat 6.0.x build system and reduced dependencies
is greatly appreciated, and IMHO a step in the right direction.

Not saying not to bundle the stuff, just saying please keep deps to a
minimum and no nonsense build ++ =)

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Remy,

I know it's not that nice to suggest doing things without helping, but
maybe the missing release notes on the docs web page can be fixed for
6.0.11?

Regards,

Rainer

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
works for me

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On 3/30/07, Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> > Any thoughts on a 6.0.11 release?
>
> I propose tagging on monday. The polish patches should be applied before
> then (like the one which fixes the links in the examples).

+1.

Yoav

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Ok, I'm done now (after one more changelog update), so I plan to tag
> tonight.

Another round of small updates pushed this a little. New date: next Tuesday.

Rémy

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Takayuki Kaneko <ka...@gmail.com>.
Please fix this issue.
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=41557

This is a minor issue. But it annoys people who use proxy.
It can be fixed easily.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Re: 6.0.11 anyone

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>>> Any thoughts on a 6.0.11 release?
>>
>> I propose tagging on monday. The polish patches should be applied
>> before then (like the one which fixes the links in the examples).
>
> Ok, I have a small commit to make to fix a glitch with Comet, but
> since I don't like last minute commits, I'd like to propose pushing
> back tagging to tomorrow.
works for me
Filip

Re: 6.0.11 anyone