Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Smith <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/06 12:21:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Adding WebDAV folder as network place in Windows XP

Hi,

I've had s webdav folder added using a local address (
http://192.168.0.23:81/path) but recently tried to add that via it's
external address, XP gave the error "The folder you entered does not appear
to be valid. Please choose another.". But if I out the port number from the
address it accepts it, but of course the authentication fails. Does anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks

Rich

Re: [users@httpd] Adding WebDAV folder as network place in Windows XP

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Richard Smith <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had s webdav folder added using a local address
> (http://192.168.0.23:81/path) but recently tried to add that via it's
> external address, XP gave the error "The folder you entered does not appear
> to be valid. Please choose another.". But if I out the port number from the
> address it accepts it, but of course the authentication fails. Does anyone
> have any ideas?

Webfolders are a nightmare of bugs and work-arounds. The problem is
almost never apache-related, but rather related to the silly client.
The most authoritative information I know of is here:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.webdav.clients.html#svn.webdav.clients.file-explorer-extensions.windows

Joshua.