Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Daniel Vimont <da...@commonvox.org> on 2016/10/17 07:23:08 UTC

Followup on the presentations at HBaseCon East and Strata Conference

Thanks very much to all those last month (at HBaseCon East and at the
Strata Conference) who gave feedback regarding *ColumnManager for HBase*[1].
By my reckoning, the greatest enthusiasm was expressed for the
package's "*Column
Aliasing*" function (which could save a LOT of storage space in a
"narrow/tall" Column-family structure).

Given that enthusiasm, I'll now start working out the details of how to
incorporate Column Aliasing into the HBase project itself -- will soon
create a JIRA entry for this task.

[1] http://commonvox.org/columnmanager-for-hbase/

Thanks!

Dan