Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Derek Baum <de...@paremus.com> on 2007/04/02 16:12:59 UTC

log4cxx apr_mcast missing on windows

Hi,

I'm trying to use apr_mcast_join() on Windows, with the version of APR
built by log4cxx apr-build.xml, but I'm getting an unresolved symbol error.

Closer investigation reveals that multicast.c is missing from apr-build.xml:

        <fileset dir="${src.dir}/network_io/unix"
            includes="inet_ntop.c inet_pton.c sockaddr.c"/>

Derek

Paremus Limited. Registered in England
 No. 4181472
 Registered Office: St Alphage House, 2 Fore Street, London, EC2Y 5DH Postal Address: 107-111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB
The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Re: log4cxx apr_mcast missing on windows

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Apr 3, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Derek Baum wrote:

>> I'll review it.  I didn't try to work out all the kinks in the apr-
>> build.xml, just enough to provide the facilities that log4cxx uses
>> which as far as I remember did not include multicast.  Don't
>> remember if there was a specific reason that I omitted it or if it
>> just wasn't essential.
> OK, thanks.
> I think multicast support is relatively new in APR, so maybe
> multicast.c didn't exist when you created apr_build.xml.
>
> I actually like the log4cxx APR ant build scripts, and this is the
> only way I've built APR.
> However, I do use APR directly, not just because I use log4cxx, so
> are you suggesting that I should not really be using the log4cxx
> APR build as an external APR library?
>
> Derek

I intended the apr-build.xml scripts to be considered for adoption
into APR itself, but haven't pushed the issue.  If you have
improvements that you'd like to suggest, please feel free to submit
them as bugs against log4cxx.  Just wanted you to understand my
motivation.

Re: log4cxx apr_mcast missing on windows

Posted by Derek Baum <de...@paremus.com>.

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.