Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/07 13:17:20 UTC

report & releases

Hi All,

The board has requested an additional report from Celix, because the
previous one was to simplistic.

If you think there are any items we should mentioned for the upcoming,
please reply. For now I have the following items:
* Preparing for a new release (see below)
* Presentation @ Luminis devcon

Given that an additional report has een requested and that some of us
discussed a new release f2f I want to propose to start working for a new
release (2.0.0).

Primary goal IMO is to remove APR and because we already did this for the
most bundles I do not see any major issues preventing a new release.
Please reply with any issues you think should be addressed in up coming
release. If no major issues are mentioned I will create a release branch to
work on.

Greetings,
Pepijn

Re: report & releases

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:15 PM Bjoern Petri <bj...@sundevil.de>
wrote:

> Hi Gerrit,
>

> On 13.05.2015 21:51, Gerrit Binnenmars wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Good to hear that a release is planned. Just some questions for the
> > release
> > - Will the dependency manager be included in the release?

I think dependency manager is feasible to include, but maybe Alexander can
comment in the actual state.
What now is also possible it to include celix-bootstrap in the release.
Although there is still some considerable work to be done here.

> > - What about the config manager and the event admin?

Config admin needs some attention because in not up to date with the api.
Again also here depends how much time we want to spent preparing for the
next release.

What we did not yet discuss is a time frame for the next release.
Personally I was thinking about the end of august, so that we still have
some months left to include some features (e.g . depepency manager config
admin, etc). WDYT?

> > - How mature is Celix without APR, how well is it tested?
> While APR has been removed from the majority of the bundles, the
> event_admin and the shell_bonjour still has a dependency to APR.

I would like to propose to remove shell_bonjour and event_admin from the
src when the release branch will be created. This way it will still exists
 in develop and can completely remove APR from the next release.

Re: report & releases

Posted by Bjoern Petri <bj...@sundevil.de>.
Hi Gerrit,

On 13.05.2015 21:51, Gerrit Binnenmars wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Good to hear that a release is planned. Just some questions for the
> release
> - Will the dependency manager be included in the release?
> - What about the config manager and the event admin?
> - Will remote service discovery with ETCD be included?

Though discovery etcd can still be improved in some points, it is
working quite reliable. Considering that etcd itself is bleeding-edge
software, I don't see a reason to not include it. Anyway, it might be a good
idea to document what is  currently supported by discovery_etcd.

Re: report & releases

Posted by Gerrit Binnenmars <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Re: report & releases