Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Bemowski, Paul A" <pb...@z-tel.com> on 2000/09/15 16:08:34 UTC

ant 1.2

I've been hearing a little buzz about the 1.2 version.  I'm still using a
patchy (:))  1.1.

Is there a tentative release date for ant 1.2?

Re: ant 1.2

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
At 06:07  20/9/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Using nightly builds seems a bit risky for a commercial project on a
>deadline, so I'd really like to see something a bit more stable sometime in
>the fairly near future, if that's at all feasible.

Just download a nightly build - I have only once been caught by a different
feature and I am using Ant in commercial environments. No one complains -
actually a few old-Make hands are converted usually :P

Cheers,

Pete

Re: ant 1.2

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.
Would you consider a Milestone Build (as defined on the Jakarta web site),
if a 1.2 Release Build isn't likely any time soon?

There are two reasons I'm asking.

1) I'm starting a new project, and there are some 1.2 features (e.g. <war>,
to name just one) that would be very useful, instead of having to work
around them with 1.1 and then change my build files when 1.2 is released

2) My project uses Jakarta Struts, which does not build with Ant 1.1
(because of its use of the <style> task).

Using nightly builds seems a bit risky for a commercial project on a
deadline, so I'd really like to see something a bit more stable sometime in
the fairly near future, if that's at all feasible.

Thanks!

--
Martin Cooper
Tumbleweed Communications

Re: ant 1.2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 CT> I was looking through the WHATSNEW in CVS, and noticed the
 CT> <keysubst> task has been removed since Ant 1.1.  I was just
 CT> wondering why?

Because filter+copdir does the same - and can do so for several files
at once. We wanted to remove the duplicated functionality.

Stefan

RE: ant 1.2

Posted by Chris Todd <ct...@alabanza.com>.
I was looking through the WHATSNEW in CVS, and noticed the <keysubst> task
has been removed since Ant 1.1.  I was just wondering why?

Chris Todd
Software Engineer
ctodd@alabanza.com
Alabanza Corporation