Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/12/02 18:10:11 UTC

We're now a TLP

I'm please to announce that Drill is now an Apache Top Level Project.  This
is a testament to all the contributions everyone of you has made to the
project.  You can check out Tomer's blog [1] as well the ASF press release
[2]

To celebrate, I propose that we release 0.7 shortly.  We can move remaining
issues to 0.8.  There is so much good in master right now that we really
need to push a new release and get that into users' hands.

I'm going to push a commit removing "incubating" from our version number
shortly.  Let's target this Friday to start a vote.  How does that sound to
everyone?

Congrats and Thanks!
Jacques

[1] http://drill.apache.org/blog/2014/12/02/drill-top-level-project/
[2]
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces66

Re: We're now a TLP

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Mehdi Chitforoosh <me...@gmail.com>.
Congratulation.thank you everyone.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Alexander Zarei <al...@gmail.com>.
It's great news! Awesome team!

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Neeraja Rentachintala <nr...@maprtech.com>.
Andrew

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Neeraja Rentachintala <nr...@maprtech.com>.
Andrew

RE: We're now a TLP

Posted by Andrew Brust <an...@bluebadgeinsights.com>.
Here's the piece:

RE: We're now a TLP

Posted by Andrew Brust <an...@bluebadgeinsights.com>.
Here's the piece:

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by CHALLA <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by CHALLA <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com>.
Awesome. Great news.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com>.
Awesome. Great news.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
Awesome article and very kind.  A great validation for the all work
everyone is doing here.  Thanks Andrew!

For everybody who is lazy:
http://research.gigaom.com/2014/12/apache-drill-drills-up-to-top-level-project/

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Andrew Brust <

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

RE: We're now a TLP

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Kamesh <ka...@gmail.com>.
Congrats all!

--
Kamesh.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Kamesh <ka...@gmail.com>.
Congrats all!

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Very well put Julian :)

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Congrats all!!

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by rahul challapalli <ch...@gmail.com>.
Great News! Cheers!

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ab...@gmail.com>.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Xiao Meng <xi...@gmail.com>.
Great news! Cheers!

Xiao

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: We're now a TLP

Posted by Chad Smykay <cs...@mapr.com>.
Woot!!!

Congratulations Drill team!  This is great news!
--
Kind Regards,
Chad Smykay

Re: We're now a TLP