Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Scott Witte <sc...@scottwitte.com> on 2013/07/15 18:08:17 UTC

Re: Rule 'TVD_FROM_1' causing all our emails' spam scores go up

Kevin A. McGrail wrote
> A rule that solely checks for a domain ending in a digit cannot have a
> 3.5 score. It's far too high.
>
> I'm adding a score of 1.0 to the rulesrc which should add a ceiling of
> 1.0 to this for masschecks.

Kevin,

I fear this didn't really take hold, switched back or else nobody updates SA
on their servers. I've tested my email with three online spam testers, for
example mail-tester.com. I get "-3.196  TVD_FROM_1" apparently because my
domain is tourdeforce360.com. (360 as in 360 degrees.)

I contacted the admin at mail-tester.com who confirmed that they do a
sa-update nightly.

What am I to do????

Scott

Re: Rule 'TVD_FROM_1' causing all our emails' spam scores go up

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 7/15/2013 12:08 PM, Scott Witte wrote:
> Kevin A. McGrail wrote
>> A rule that solely checks for a domain ending in a digit cannot have a
>> 3.5 score. It's far too high.
>>
>> I'm adding a score of 1.0 to the rulesrc which should add a ceiling of
>> 1.0 to this for masschecks.
> Kevin,
>
> I fear this didn't really take hold, switched back or else nobody updates SA
> on their servers. I've tested my email with three online spam testers, for
> example mail-tester.com. I get "-3.196  TVD_FROM_1" apparently because my
> domain is tourdeforce360.com. (360 as in 360 degrees.)
>
> I contacted the admin at mail-tester.com who confirmed that they do a
> sa-update nightly.
>
> What am I to do????
Unfortunately, if you are seeing that, they aren't running the latest
rules, latest version, etc. which is something way outside of the
projects control.

I've confirmed that the latest rules 1502947 have a max score of 1.0 on
this rule:

72_active.cf:##{ TVD_FROM_1
72_active.cf:header TVD_FROM_1       From:addr =~
/[^\@0-9]{2}\d{3}\.(?:com|net|org|info|biz)$/i
72_active.cf:#score  TVD_FROM_1 1.0
72_active.cf:##} TVD_FROM_1
72_scores.cf:score TVD_FROM_1                            1.000 0.998
1.000 0.998

regards,
KAM