Posted to announce@apache.org by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/03 21:56:25 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] apache beehive 1.0 release

  We are pleased to announce the v1.0 release of Apache Beehive!

  This release provides the following major features:

- NetUI (Page Flow + JSP tag library)
- Controls framework
- System controls for accessing JDBC, JMS, and EJB resources
- Many bug fixes
- Significantly enhanced documentation
- Additional samples

  Binary and source distributions can be downloaded via an Apache mirror from:

    http://beehive.apache.org/releases/release-1.0.cgi

  Documentation for v1.0 is here:

    http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0

  A few notes about this release:

* WSM and the web service control are not included as WSM has not
passed the JSR 181 TCK yet.  Both will be available in a subsequent
release.
* v1.0 does not include XMLBeans due to licensing issues with the JSR
173 API JAR; however, XMLBeans can still be used with Beehive and is
available from http://xmlbeans.apache.org
* Changes in v1.0 from v1.0m1 can be found here:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10570&fixfor=12310123
* Thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports, patches, testing, and
feedback.  All of these contributed significantly to this release.
* Please send comments / questions about this release to
user@beehive.apache.org and development-related issues to
dev@beehive.apache.org
* Bugs found in 1.0 should be filed in JIRA at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE
* This version was built at SVN change 291405.

  We welcome your feedback.

  On to v.next...

The Beehive Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] apache beehive 1.0 release

Posted by Paul Krill <Pa...@infoworld.com>.
Can somebody contact me about this at 415-978-3228? Thanks.

Paul Krill
Editor at Large
InfoWorld