Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andres Toussaint <an...@onemileup.com> on 2003/08/25 20:25:44 UTC

shape editing toolkit

Hello all in the Batik Comunity.

I am in the need to develop a simple shape editing tool for the app i am
doing. Allow me to explain:
I have a basic canvas into which i add items do design a layout. This
canvas is not square in shape. I provide normally the SVG file for this
canvas, and the editing tool is for the following:

- Some times the user will want to modify the dimensions of the canvas
shape (overall or a single piece), or add some other deformation to the
canvas. (as an example: imagine the canvas as a state map, but some may
want to add the neighboring country to the same canvas, and some may
want to remove all the peninsulas.) My canvas are basically simple
geometric shapes, all have the same fill, and simple 1pt stroke, and the
functionality i want to give is to add and remove simple geometric
shapes (rect, oval, polyline) and to modify the existing objects by
draging the object´s vertices.

Has anybody out there developed editing routines that allow to modify
the SVG shape shown in the JSVGCanvas (simple geometric shapes, no need
for complex fills, layers, etc..) or located some project that does
this? If not, anybody interested in colaborating in this project? The
closest i have found is the "magelan" project hosted in Sourceforge, but
does not do SVG editing.

Thanks in advance,
Andres.