Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/01 11:48:22 UTC

Re: Repeated service interruptions

Hi Karl,

I still have a problem.
I reduced maximum number of connections into 2.
I rebooted the file server, not domain controller.
When I configured the paths[1], the log said no error
and ShareDrive connector crawled the files successfully.
When I made the path's config default(matching * ),
the log said "all pipe instances are busy" error.
Both of path's config pointed the same location.

Also when this error occurred, watching the log of ingest,
HttpPoster was waiting for response stream
and couldn't get response from Solr,
and threw SocketTimeoutException.
I increased jcifs.smb.client.responseTimeout
but still threw the exception.
On Solr, Jetty threw SocketException(socket wr
ite error).
I'm working on checking Solr logs.
Solr may do something wrong when running /update/extract.

Do you know something like this?
Does path's matching config affect those errors?

[1]Paths Tab:
Include  directory(s)  matching  /01*

P.S.
Thank you for fix CONNECTORS-494.
I checked trunk code, worked well.

Thank you,
Shinichiro Abe

Posted by Shinichiro Abe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shigeki-san,

I do not know the cause, but I looked at the log of Solr,
there were some exceptions that were raised by indexing certain files.
And I excluded from indexing these files,
as a result I could crawl successfully.
If you check Solr's log out then you may find something like this.

Regards,
Shinichiro Abe

Posted by Shigeki Kobayashi <sh...@g.softbank.co.jp>.
Hi Abe-san