Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz> on 2002/08/14 07:17:52 UTC

possible bug in element templates re output escaping

Hi,

As I was reading the source code, I noticed this piece of code which
seemed a bit iffy in org/apache/xalan/templates/ElemValueOf.

The execute method has:

        if (m_disableOutputEscaping)
          rth.processingInstruction(
            javax.xml.transform.Result.PI_DISABLE_OUTPUT_ESCAPING, "");

and in a finally clause:

          if (m_disableOutputEscaping)
            rth.processingInstruction(
              javax.xml.transform.Result.PI_ENABLE_OUTPUT_ESCAPING, "");

Shouldn't it be saving the original state & restoring it, rather than
always setting output escaping to enabled on exit?