Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by RobertCZ <ro...@robert.cz> on 2004/11/24 11:51:26 UTC

Embperl bug: syntax parametr in Execute not working

Hello,

  when I put [$ Syntax EmbperlBlocks $] in the executed file, it works
as expected but when I try to set syntax in base file as a parametr in
Execute call, Embperl fails with

        Endtag '/table' doesn't match starttag 'tr'

  I tested syntax => 'Text', it does the same thing.

- Robert

base file

[- Execute({ inputfile => '*', syntax => 'EmbperlBlocks' }) -]

executed file
---------------

Re: Embperl bug: syntax parametr in Execute not working

Posted by RobertCZ <ro...@robert.cz>.
Gerald Richter wrote:

>>  when I put [$ Syntax EmbperlBlocks $] in the executed file,
>>it works as expected but when I try to set syntax in base
>>file as a parametr in Execute call, Embperl fails with
>>
>>        Endtag '/table' doesn't match starttag 'tr'
>>
>>  I tested syntax => 'Text', it does the same thing.
>>
>>base file
>>
>>[- Execute({ inputfile => '*', syntax => 'EmbperlBlocks' }) -]
>>

>This is not a bug, it's a little bit different for '*', because this file is
>preloaded by Embperl::Object, to be able to call methods inside the file,
>before the actual file is executed.
>
>So you could only set EMBPERL_SYNTAX in the httpd.conf or use [$ syntax $].
>
>The other possibility is to use an application object and override the
>method get_receipe. See eg/web/epwebapp.pl for an example.

Aha. Thanks for the explanation. Now I see I don't use automatic tables
all that often but I would miss automatic input/select initalization. I
guess I'll have to built my own syntax equivalent to 1.3
optDisableTableScan option, put it in httpd.conf and some stuff will
break anyway... Well I kew that, didn't I? Sigh ;-)

- Robert

RE: Embperl bug: syntax parametr in Execute not working

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

>   when I put [$ Syntax EmbperlBlocks $] in the executed file,
> it works as expected but when I try to set syntax in base
> file as a parametr in Execute call, Embperl fails with
>
>         Endtag '/table' doesn't match starttag 'tr'
>
>   I tested syntax => 'Text', it does the same thing.
>
> base file
>
> [- Execute({ inputfile => '*', syntax => 'EmbperlBlocks' }) -]

This is not a bug, it's a little bit different for '*', because this file is
preloaded by Embperl::Object, to be able to call methods inside the file,
before the actual file is executed.

So you could only set EMBPERL_SYNTAX in the httpd.conf or use [$ syntax $].

The other possibility is to use an application object and override the
method get_receipe. See eg/web/epwebapp.pl for an example.

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh