Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thomas Richter <t....@bmiag.de> on 2004/05/12 13:33:07 UTC

infinite loop [INFO] area contents overflows area in line

Hi,
I hope that this ist not a FAQ ....
but with fop 0.20.5 I get an infinite loop with:
[INFO] area contents overflows area in line
[ERROR] Couldn't find hyphenation pattern de
[ERROR] Error building hyphenation tree for language de
fo was generated: from DocBook through
java
-Djava.endorsed.dirs="\Xerces-J-bin.2.6.2\xerces-2_6_2;\xalan-j-current-bin\xalan-j_2_6_0\bin"
-Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process

tia Thomas

Re: infinite loop [INFO] area contents overflows area in line

Posted by Thomas Richter <t....@bmiag.de>.
Chris Bowditch schrieb:

> Thomas Richter wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I hope that this ist not a FAQ ....
>> but with fop 0.20.5 I get an infinite loop with:
>> [INFO] area contents overflows area in line
>> [ERROR] Couldn't find hyphenation pattern de
>> [ERROR] Error building hyphenation tree for language de
>

> Only a handful of hypenation files are distributed with FOP now because
> of licensing issues, de is not available. Try turning off hypenation, or
> changing the language property to "en" This should clear the error shown
> if you still get an infinite loop then post back.

<xsl:param name="hyphenate" select="'false'"/>

works for me tnx Thomas

Re: infinite loop [INFO] area contents overflows area in line

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Thomas Richter wrote:

> Hi,
> I hope that this ist not a FAQ ....
> but with fop 0.20.5 I get an infinite loop with:
> [INFO] area contents overflows area in line
> [ERROR] Couldn't find hyphenation pattern de
> [ERROR] Error building hyphenation tree for language de

Only a handful of hypenation files are distributed with FOP now because of
licensing issues, de is not available. Try turning off hypenation, or changing
the language property to "en" This should clear the error shown if you still
get an infinite loop then post back.

> fo was generated: from DocBook through

I dont know how to custom a docbook stylesheet to achieve the above. If you
dont know either then best to ask on a docbook related list.

<snip/>

Chris