Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by crm6360 <cr...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/12 16:23:10 UTC

Remote access controls in Jackrabbit 2.10.1

As of 2.9.1 Remote Access Controls were implemented:

 [JCR-2113] JSR 283 Access Control Management (JCR-2003 - JCR2SPI / SPI: Add
support for JCR 2.0)

However I don't see any documentation or examples on how to leverage this
new feature.  Any suggestions or tips on where to look would be much
appreciated.   Thanks.

-Chris

Re: Remote access controls in Jackrabbit 2.10.1

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi

alfusainey jallow has been working on this for his master
thesis. as far as i know you have to adjust the repository
setup in jcr2spi to make sure the 'client' is instructed
to know which implementation to pick. the configuration option
is called org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.AccessControlProvider.class

and there is one default implementation which is expected to
work with the access control implementation as present in
jackrabbit-core (and probably oak)
(see org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.security.authorization.jackrabbit.acl
package)

the jcr2dav module might give you a better idea how this is
intended to work.

hope this helps
angela