Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by "Xu, Qian A" <qi...@intel.com> on 2015/04/17 04:20:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.6 (RC1 - repacked)

Dear Sqoop Developers, Committers and PMC members,

First of all, the source tarball was missing in the previous RC1 link. Now the source tarball is included so I'd like to ask for restarting the RC1 vote for Apache Sqoop (version 1.4.6).

*** Please cast your vote by [3 working days after sending] ***

The list of fixed issues:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sqoop.git;a=blob;f=CHANGELOG.txt;h=baa5dd788186857289916fbff35ec0985c50325d;hb=08c61a11e10bbe15a789fa12c8780c182b235de8

The tarball (*.tar.gz), signature (*.asc), checksum (*.md5), and test result (log/*.ant_test.log):

http://people.apache.org/~gwenshap/sqoop-1.4.6-rc1/

The tag to be voted on:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=sqoop.git;a=tree;h=d2507737ca7965cf63459761dce215bef64fb475;hb=08c61a11e10bbe15a789fa12c8780c182b235de8

The KEYS file:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/sqoop/KEYS

Thanks for Gwen to be release mentor.

--Stanley (Qian) Xu

RE: [VOTE] Release Sqoop version 1.4.6 (RC1 - repacked)

Posted by "Xu, Qian A" <qi...@intel.com>.
Dear All Developers, Committers and PMC members.

I apologize to inform that we'd have to stop the current vote for RC1.

The reason is that the name of generated Avro schema has been changed in 1.4.6 release unexpectedly. Keegan Witt found the change breaks some use case, and created a JIRA (SQOOP-2294) for that. Now the issue has been fixed.

I'll re-spin a RC2 vote in shortly.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Qian (Stanley) Xu

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.