Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by PRATAP <an...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/06 17:48:10 UTC

Newbie[help to get started]

hi,
We are developing a large documentation for our courses at school that
could be available online.
We are planning to have all our data in xml, and we were suggested to
use some publishing frame work.
But i find we can directly use xml tags in JSP pages for transfermation
into html using xslt .
Can some explaine me clearly y, our need requires for a publishing
framework like cocoon and how is it goin na help our development

thanks
pratap

Anchuri Pratap
P.O.Box:7156
University,MS-38677

Re: Newbie[help to get started]

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
PRATAP dijo:
> hi,
> We are developing a large documentation for our courses at school that
> could be available online.
> We are planning to have all our data in xml, and we were suggested to
> use some publishing frame work.

I thought you can also see Apache Forrest - http://xml.apache.org/forrest
If you just want to publish documentation. Forrest is based on Cocoon and
is a documentation framework.

> But i find we can directly use xml tags in JSP pages for transfermation
> into html using xslt .

Not only HTML, also WML, PDF, RTF, OpenOffice.org formats, etc.

> Can some explaine me clearly y, our need requires for a publishing
> framework like cocoon and how is it goin na help our development.

Cocoon requieres Java, and Servlet container (maybe tomcat) and that is all.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.