Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2007/07/31 20:17:16 UTC

trapping rubbish?

looking at a piece of spam that was scored low, I noticed

Wouldn't that be a nice thing to score on?

Wolfgang Hamann

Re: trapping rubbish?

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
Per Jessen wrote:
> Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>
>> hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
>>> looking at a piece of spam that was scored low, I noticed

>>> Wouldn't that be a nice thing to score on?
>>>
>>> Wolfgang Hamann
>>
>> Bayes learns it. What's so nice in it in your opinion?
>
> In my opinion it's a clear indication of spam - using an invalid
> IP-address.

LOL! So true..

Re: trapping rubbish?

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
>> looking at a piece of spam that was scored low, I noticed

>> Wouldn't that be a nice thing to score on?
>>
>> Wolfgang Hamann
>
> Bayes learns it. What's so nice in it in your opinion?

In my opinion it's a clear indication of spam - using an invalid
IP-address.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

Re: trapping rubbish?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Those are not even addresses let alone abuse IP-addresses.

{^_^}
> looking at a piece of spam that was scored low, I noticed

> Wouldn't that be a nice thing to score on?
>
> Wolfgang Hamann

Bayes learns it. What's so nice in it in your opinion?

Various blacklists learn abuseable IP-addresses as well, and they get a
score in SA.

Re: trapping rubbish?

Posted by Duane Hill <d....@yournetplus.com>.
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 at 21:52 +0300, jarif@iki.fi confabulated:

> hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
>> looking at a piece of spam that was scored low, I noticed

>> Wouldn't that be a nice thing to score on?
>>
>> Wolfgang Hamann
>
> Bayes learns it. What's so nice in it in your opinion?
>
> Various blacklists learn abuseable IP-addresses as well, and they get a score in SA.

How can an *invalid* IP as mentioned above be in a blacklist for abuse?

-------
   _|_
  (_| |

Re: trapping rubbish?

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
> > looking at a piece of spam that was scored low, I noticed

> > Wouldn't that be a nice thing to score on?
> >
> > Wolfgang Hamann
>
> Bayes learns it. What's so nice in it in your opinion?

An obvious spam sign.

untested rule:

header XIP_bogus X-Originating-IP =~ /[\[\.](?:25[6-9]|2[6-9][0-9]|[3-9][0-9][0-9])[\]\.]/
score  XIP_bogus 3.00

  It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or
  religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own
  folly.                                              -- Henry George
 4 days until The 272nd anniversary of John Peter Zenger's acquittal

Re: trapping rubbish?

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.