Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Rajkumar, Joseph" <ra...@orionsci.com> on 2001/02/12 17:06:32 UTC

Cocoon - Publishing Engine could not be initialised

Hi Folks

    This problem is on a Linux box. I have been able to get
apache_1.3.17+Tomcat-3.2.1+Cocoon-1.8.2 working just fine.
But when a colleague of mine, tried the VERY SAME steps but
using a complete different set of ports (Three of them), is not
able to get it to work properly.

    He always gets this message, even though the only difference
between what each of us did is the different set of three ports.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Joseph Rajkumar

PS: We did the xerces.jar to aaaxerces.jar and parser.jar to zparser.jar

hacks also, and still have the same problem.

Re: Cocoon - Publishing Engine could not be initialised

Posted by "Rajkumar, Joseph" <ra...@orionsci.com>.
Hi Folks

    FYI, this problem has been fixed. The fix is to use the proper
JDK. Earlier we were trying to use JDK-1.3 obtained from (I don't know
where),
but now I used the same JDK-1.2.2, which I used and both of us have
our own installations working just fine.

Regards
Joseph Rajkumar

PS: I will have to get a proper JDK-1.3 linux and try it on my system
and will
report it to the group later on.