Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Alessandro Caviglione <c....@gmail.com> on 2015/09/09 11:23:59 UTC

Implementing IPv6

Hi guys,
I need some help in implementing IPv6 to our CS 4.4.2 Advanced Networking
with XS 6.2 SP1.
We have only one zone with a lot of IPv4 public IP already in use.
We'd like to deploy IPv6 but since it's a new procedure for us (and is not
very well documented...) I'm asking some guidelines.
Can anyone write the steps to do that?

Thank you!

Re: Implementing IPv6

Posted by Alessandro Caviglione <c....@gmail.com>.
Yeah... I'll try! :P
Thank you!

Re: Implementing IPv6

On 2015-09-09 13:56, Alessandro Caviglione wrote:

> Ok, no problem to upgrade both ACS and XenServer... but "guide" is a
> big
> word for that page! :)
> For example...
> Need I to add IPv6 range to Public network or just I have to create the
> IPv6 shared network?
> Are VR ready for IPv6 or there is a "special" version like SystemVM?
> Why I need to deploy the "special" SystemVM? after that, XenServer and
> Storage should be "talk" in IPv6??
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Vadim Kimlaychuk <va...@kickcloud.net>
> wrote:
>
> Alessandro,
>
> You probably need to update to 4.5 first and update XenServer to 6.5
> as well. Then try to follow this guide:
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/networking/ipv6.html [1]
>
> Regards,
>
> Vadim.
>
> On 2015-09-09 12:44, Daan Hoogland wrote:
>
> Alessandro, close to no IPv6 functionality has been implemented in the
> virtual router. I don't think you will get it to work with 4.4.
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Alessandro Caviglione <
> c.alessandro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys, I need some help in implementing IPv6 to our CS 4.4.2 Advanced
> Networking
> with XS 6.2 SP1.
> We have only one zone with a lot of IPv4 public IP already in use.
> We'd like to deploy IPv6 but since it's a new procedure for us (and is
> not
> very well documented...) I'm asking some guidelines.
> Can anyone write the steps to do that?
>
> Thank you!

Links:
------