Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@apache.org> on 2011/06/16 14:25:44 UTC

POI Case studies and success stories

Hi All,

I'm gathering POI case studies and success stories. I need this
information for a press release that will go out in late August, when
we will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the POI project.

I'm interested to know how POI is used in any high-visible environment
(schools, corporations, governments), what commercial / open source
projects use POI and for how long, etc. Any proof metrics will be
helpful.

Please reply to this post and submit your story.

For the Apache POI team,
Yegor Kozlov

Re: POI Case studies and success stories

Posted by OKA Yoshitake <CB...@nifty.com>.
  Hi Yegor,

The documents revising management system using POI (and ooxml jars).

The system is used in a division of the government for revising
guidelines documents.
(a)They wanted document management system(like subversion source
management),because many people working for revising.

There were also other requirement.

(b)Deleting unnecessary information  such as comments and notes for
announce version. (For republication, it is better to leave it.)
(c)Bind separated documents for announce version.
   (They edit assigned document parts. )
(d)Separate binded document for edit.
(e)Generate change history of table format.

By concentrating these futures on a single system has improved the
efficiency of their work.

Additional Notes
(a)Reduced check-in mistake by setting the version to the custom property.
(b)Style definition is used for remove unnecessary part.
(d) To separate,PgTag is used.
(c)(d) Main function is made by using ooxml.

Yohitake