Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/11/26 10:17:57 UTC

[Ann] New committer: Christopher Lenz

Welcome Chris!

We have received 3 +1 votes for Chris which makes it enough (one of the
commiters, Jari, is no longer active and may not be monitoring the
Cactus ML anymore).

I'm sending a mail to root@apache.org to add Chris as a committer.

Chris, you can start preparing your introductory message to explain to
the others who you are and what are your itches ;-)

Thanks everyone
-Vincent

Re: [Ann] New committer: Christopher Lenz

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Vincent Massol wrote:
> Welcome Chris!
>
> We have received 3 +1 votes for Chris which makes it enough (one of the
> commiters, Jari, is no longer active and may not be monitoring the
> Cactus ML anymore).
>
> I'm sending a mail to root@apache.org to add Chris as a committer.

Cool, thanks :-)

> Chris, you can start preparing your introductory message to explain to
> the others who you are and what are your itches ;-)

Okay, here we go...

I'm currently studying computer science in Wiesbaden, Germany, but
hopefully not for much longer. Every other day I go work for a small
company in Frankfurt mostly doing C++ and web development. Web-based,
distributed applications have become my favorite playground, especially
using Java/J2EE.

I've become a committer on the Jakarta subproject Slide about one and a
half years ago, when I was knees deep into the WebDAV-related
specifications and playing with different implementations of WebDAV
clients and servers. For Slide I've created a custom tag library that
could be used to navigate and display the content in Slide repositories.
The taglib comes in two variants: one targetting JSP1.1 based on the
Struts tags, the other targetting JSP1.2 based on JSTL.

As the tags were rapidly growing in complexity I started investigating
ways to test JSP tag libraries, which led me straight to Cactus. I'm now
using Cactus (as well as Ant, JUnit and XDoclet) in every project
(except for Slide, but that's another story).

I think Cactus is a very cool piece of software, backed by an idea that
has a lot of potential. I want to help with making Cactus easier to use,
both from the test development perspective (see the JspTagLifecycle
helper class I've submitted) as well as from the test execution
perspective. Also, I'm gonna try to straighten out some edges in the
Cactus build process, so that it may be easier for others to get involved.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de