Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/21 11:09:51 UTC

Wikipedia: "Proposal deletion of NuttX"

Hi team,

I received this email and I don't know what we need to do to avoid it:

‪MrsSnoozyTurtle‬ left a message on *your talk page* in "*‪Proposed
deletion of NuttX‬*".
The article NuttX has been proposed for deletion because of the following
concern: Promotional article While all constructive contributions to Wiki

Re: Wikipedia: "Proposal deletion of NuttX"

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys!

I just remove the Removal and asked the guy to explain what he saw as
Promotion Material.

Michael, I think it is a good idea to keep the listing of supported
features, it could help people that are not developers to make the
direct decision when choosing a RTOS. Please take a look at FreeRTOS
page, they list all supported MCUs and features.

BR,

Alan

Posted by "Alin.Jerpelea@sony.com" <Al...@sony.com>.
I can't spot promotional materials and I think that we should try to contact MrsSnoozyTurtle and understand what is his concern

Best regards
Alin

Posted by Sebastien Lorquet <se...@lorquet.fr>.
Hi,

The NuttX page should obviously not be deleted by it is not exactly
written in an encyclopedic style

I see text like (because Mr Greg did something and something) - you
should try to edit that so that it sounds more formal and neutral

This is not biased opinions, but is clearly not academic enough.

Also I can understand how the endless list of features looks like and
excerpt of the website and promotes too much. It should be shorter and
contain more explanations as paragraphs of text than lists. This list
sounds like bragging.

Inspiration could be obtained on other RTOS pages...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeRTOS

Sebastien

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 3:56 PM Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> Hi Tomek,
> Thank you for your support on it.
> I don't know how we could avoid it, if someone decided that NuttX is
> not relevant they can go on and try to suggest to remove the article.

Hmm looking at the activities from the IP address (USA/California?)
that stated bias there were also some good commits for NuttX page.
This may be someone from our community? Maybe a FitBit developer? :-P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/96.46.149.166

> Fortunately I was on my computer today and saw it, but imagine if I
> was in vacation?

Yup, exactly, people not familiar with the subject are deciding on
knowledge removal, quite frightening.

> Maybe others here need to setup some notification to receive case
> someone edit the NuttX page, I think wikipedia support it.

I did some small update (stated FOSS directly after NuttX and before
RTOS should be clear enough what kind of project this is) and thus
subscribed to the page, I should get notifications too :-)

> In the other hand, the only way we could get more awareness and making
> NuttX more popular. Unfortunately nobody here replied to Alin emails
> asking for help to NuttX Workshop, seems like nobody really cares
> about NuttX and it is really sad.

I would be more that glad to attend this kind of workshop but have
nothing to offer to present yet sorry :-(

World now seems a bit messy, probably on purpose by some groups of
interests, people often have problems with basic life conditions now
like food and accommodation, struggling to fulfill the Edison's vision
of paying the bills, a time is most precious now and this is really
sad I we cannot focus on important creative tasks as we would really
wanted, its not always matter of "care" but "can" I guess.

RE: Sensor DS18b20

Posted by di...@gmail.com.
Ahh yes thank you! I was looking in the wrong place ..... it has been too long 😉

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.

<di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its not there anymore? Or am I missing something?
>
> Ben

RE: Sensor DS18b20

Posted by di...@gmail.com.

Re: Sensor DS18b20

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ben,

<di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a driver available for the DS18b20/DS1820? And yes where can I find
> dit?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Ben

Sensor DS18b20

Posted by di...@gmail.com.

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomek,

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 3:17 PM Tomek CEDRO wrote:
> I have posted an opposition to deleting Free-and-Open-Source projects
> from WikiPedia, particulary the NuttX, with explanation, on the
> MrsSnoozyTurtle (focused mostly on deleting articles) talk page:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:MrsSnoozyTurtle

In addition:

1. I have added my opposition to removing NuttX page from WikiPedia in
the Talk section:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:NuttX

2. I have marked potential requester IP as spam / troll:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3A96.46.149.166#SPAM_/_Troll_?

Hope that helps, more users are welcome to comment, we have one week :-)

Re: Wikipedia: "Proposal deletion of NuttX"

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 1:10 PM Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> Hi team,
> I received this email and I don't know what we need to do to avoid it:
> ‪MrsSnoozyTurtle‬ left a message on *your talk page* in "*‪Proposed
> deletion of NuttX‬*".
> The article NuttX has been proposed for deletion because of the following
> concern: Promotional article While all constructive contributions to Wiki

Thank you for your vigilance Alan! We, as the NuttX community, need to
object the deletion by creating account on wikipedia and putting our
arguments against deletion on the NuttX Talk page.

Wikipedia is not what it used to be. I had many situations of this
kind. They replaced brains with asses and creators are mostly on the
lost position. I lots my faith in wikipedia some time ago. But there
are also still some good administrators and we can win this
(unnecessary and unjust) fight :-)

Re: Wikipedia: "Proposal deletion of NuttX"

Posted by Marc Rosen <ma...@zeitcontrol.de>.
Hi,

well I would recommend to object to deletion per wikipedia guide lines [1].
Then figure out what is deemed "promotional" about the article because I
could not.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Proposed_deletion#Objecting

Regards,

Marc Rosen