Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Brian Geffon <br...@apache.org> on 2012/12/21 00:16:48 UTC

Header parsing trims quotes...why?

Hi All,
For some reason we have an option in *HttpCompat::parse_tok_list *called
trim quotes, this option will remove the quotes around values in a header.
This has proven to be problematic as we have no way of knowing how the
original header was formatted when using TSMimeHdrFieldValueStringGet()
API. The only place that actually sets trim quotes to 1 is in
*mime_field_value_get_comma_list().
*We would like to propose the following: never trim quotes around header
values. Does anyone have an issue with this? We have tested this proposal
and verified it doesn't break any of the regression tests, so does anyone
have a reason why we should continue removing these quotes?

Thanks.
Brian