Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by StartCoding <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/14 21:22:20 UTC

Re: Can java code look up cache in server without Ignition.start(cfg)

Hi Val,

I remember you helping me with getOrStart(IgniteConfiguration) to ensure
that Ignite is started only once. Currently I am having an issue

try (Ignite ignite =
Ignition.getOrStart(ClientConfigurationFactory.createConfiguration())) {

when the above code is executed the Ignite node is starting up every time I
execute this code instead of getting the already started instance.

Would you be able to throw some light to the above issue?

Thanks
Saji

--
Thanks and Regards
Saji

Re: Can java code look up cache in server without Ignition.start(cfg)

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Saji,

Ignite node in this case is embedded into the application. So it's up to
this application to control the lifecycle. To stop an embedded node just
call Ignition.stop().

-Val

Re: Can java code look up cache in server without Ignition.start(cfg)

Posted by StartCoding <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Val,

Thanks for the response.

The scenario is I will start the client and at some point the machine is
 getting stuck (due to high cpu utilisation) and I need to kill the entire
servers and client to regain my system. At this time I use the Visor App to
kill the instances one by one. But As I kill the client I it makes the
entire Weblogic server down. I dont know if there would be another scenario
where I need to kill the client in future. But if there is a case to kill
the client after day end of the day or so what is the safe way to do it?

Thanks
Saji

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 9:00 PM, vkulichenko [via Apache Ignite Users] <
ml+s70518n14601h27@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi Saji,
>
> Kill command kill the process, it's designed more for standalone server
> nodes rather than embedded clients. What is the condition when you may want
> to stop the client?
>
> -Val

> .
> NAML

Thanks and Regards
Saji

Re: Can java code look up cache in server without Ignition.start(cfg)

Posted by StartCoding <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Val

Quick Question

I am trying to run the Ignite client from a J2EE application which is
deployed in Weblogic Server  and the client starts running when the method
id invoked. I try to Monitor it with the Visor app and I can see the server
and Client running. I tried to kill the client instance from the visor
application and it kills the client. Unfortunately it brings down the
weblogic server also. Have you experienced this and Any thoughts why this
happens and how can we avoid it?

Thanks
Saji

--
Thanks and Regards
Saji

Re: Can java code look up cache in server without Ignition.start(cfg)

Posted by StartCoding <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Val. It worked when I removed try()

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 5:54 PM, vkulichenko [via Apache Ignite Users] <
ml+s70518n13713h99@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

> Saji,
>
> You're using try-with-resources syntax, which calls Ignite.close() at the
> end and therefore stops the node. Getting rid of it will do the trick.
>
> -Val

> .
> NAML

Thanks and Regards
Sajin

Re: Can java code look up cache in server without Ignition.start(cfg)

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Saji,