Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Chinn <m_...@pacbell.net> on 2002/02/03 02:37:17 UTC

Newbie question: Web requests timing out??

To All

I have Apache running on a RH 7.1 system.  The Linux system sits behind a
router (Linksys BEFSR41) and my network is hooked to ADSL.

I have 3 websites (virtual hosted) that come up OK within the local
network.  However only the smallest webpage (3 lines of text) will come up
from Apache from outside the network (i.e. on the Internet).

I have tried tinkering with the size of a given index.html and only a dinky
webpage (2 lines of text) will come up.  When all 3 website index.html
pages are reduced to this size, all 3 can be found over the Internet.

The largest website I am trying to host is 5 pages with NO graphics.

I have used www.netmechanic.com and www.babelfish.altavista.com/ to test my
websites and under the 2 lines of text size index.html, my sites come up
but if they get much bigger then...  No dice.

Is Apache doing this???

Could this be my router???

Any ideas would be helpful.  Thanks.

Michael Chinn

Re: Newbie question: Web requests timing out??

Posted by Irmund Thum <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>.
Michael Chinn wrote:

> To All
>
> I have Apache running on a RH 7.1 system.  The Linux system sits behind
> a router (Linksys BEFSR41) and my network is hooked to ADSL.

> I have used www.netmechanic.com and www.babelfish.altavista.com/ to test
> my websites and under the 2 lines of text size index.html, my sites come
> up but if they get much bigger then...  No dice.
>
> Is Apache doing this???

looks like your router has some problems;

you can also try www.securityspace.com for tests

and add extended log format to any proxy getting response times (x1) ...

--
_ ___
|  |  Irmund    Thum
|  |