Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Roland Villemoes <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk> on 2009/12/15 09:16:05 UTC

Log of zero result searches

Hi

Question: How do you log zero result searches?

I quite important from a business perspective to know what searches that returns zero/empty results.
Does anybody know a way to get this information?

Roland Villemoes

Re: Log of zero result searches

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Roland Villemoes <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk>wrote:

> Yes, correct.
>
> But to use that - the search client must collect this information whenever
> we have "0" results.
> I do not want that to be part of the client application (quite hard when
> that is SolrJS) - this should be collected server site - on Solr.
> Do you know how to do that?

The number of hits are logged along with each query in INFO level. You can
analyze the logs to figure out this stat.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

SV: Log of zero result searches

Posted by Roland Villemoes <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk>.
Yes, correct.

But to use that - the search client must collect this information whenever we have "0" results.
I do not want that to be part of the client application (quite hard when that is SolrJS) - this should be collected server site - on Solr.
Do you know how to do that?

Roland

The returning XML result tag has a numFound attribute that will report
0 if nothing matches your search criteria

David

Posted by David Stuart <da...@progressivealliance.co.uk>.

Posted by stuart yeates <st...@vuw.ac.nz>.
Chris Hostetter wrote:
> See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

You may want to update that link, since that wikipedia page has been
deleted for some time.

cheers
stuart
--
Stuart Yeates
http://www.nzetc.org/       New Zealand Electronic Text Centre

Re: Log of zero result searches

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: Log of zero result searches

http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

-Hoss