Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by gurgel2 <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/16 19:20:33 UTC

different Wicket target

Anyone thought of another target than html/javascript for wicket? Anyone with
deep understanding... would it be possible to do something good with wicket
targeting flex or silverlight/WPF? Or any other good RIA framework? It feels
a bit awkward that we still, in 2008, use these old presentation
technologies. I mean.. html/css

* bloated,
* browser dependent,
* not exactly powerful,
* not very appealing to the eye in terms of anything beyond bitmaps +
squares.

javascript is

* interpreted and slow
* error prone
* browser dependent
* limited

Feels like now that the wicket team found a good framework approach for
developing request-response client-server apps, but limited to the
html/javascript sandbox.. we should pimp that sandbox up.

Re: different Wicket target

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
yes, it should be quiet easy to create a component hierachy that works
with xml dialect other then html.

-igor