Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eitan Adler <li...@eitanadler.com> on 2018/09/27 20:29:46 UTC

[validator] moving to jdk 8 / git?

I'd like to make some simple changes to Commons Validator. It seems it
hasn't been touched for some time and I am not sure what the process
to deal with this is.

If we wanted to do that, what would it take? Could I help?

--
Eitan Adler

Re: [validator] moving to jdk 8 / git?

Posted by Eitan Adler <li...@eitanadler.com>.
On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 03:38, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please contact Infra (users@infra.etc) with details of the problem.
> I know they are dealing with another mail delivery issue at present.

Will do.

> > In terms of moving to JDK 8, it seems like it it'd warrant more of a
> > discussion first. Other Commons projects wanted to a do a "final
> > release" for the previous JDK version.  I'm not sure if I could help
> > shepherd that or not.
>
> What is it about JDK 8 that warrants updating the minimum version for
> this particular component?

A mixture of reasons:
- I'd like to use modern syntax. While I wouldn't mass change anything
(see other thread) there are many cases in the current code base that
could be clearer or have reduced code.
- the other commons modules have moved and there is value to consistency

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 at 01:30, Eitan Adler <li...@eitanadler.com> wrote:

> (please make sure to include me directly on email; the Apache Commons
> Dev list appears to be broken)

You are subscribed to dev (and other commons lists), see:
https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/eax

Posted by Eitan Adler <li...@eitanadler.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.