Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2009/11/24 10:04:20 UTC

Remove me from commiters

Sorry folks, after my massive falling out with IBM.... I'm unable to help out with any more wink development.  I wish things had turned out differently, mostly on the heads of IBM... no chance I will *ever* work with them again.

I wish you all the best, but I am afraid I can not continue working on this project.

Sorry it has taken so long, got some threatening emails from IBM on the subject, so I kept quiet.  But I feel its not fair, so i wanted to officially resign.  I hope that does not have any effect or your graduation.

Sorry,

--jason

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
No.  This was internal to IBM.

--jason

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jason,

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Jason,

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Thx Kev.  If I can find time, I will do so, but right now I'm swamped in other oss projects... and I just wanted to be upfront to the wink guys that I don't have bandwidth at this time.

--jason

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Jason,

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I'm sorry my email caused this much problem.  I only wanted to resign my commitership on wink.  I was told to stop all APache development by my old IBM manager, who clearly did not understand how Apache worked.  I complied for several weeks while my relationship was terminated with IBM.

IMO from the activity on the wink project I believe the community to be healthy.  And I do not believe my withdrawal should have any major (or minor) effect upon the project.  I am still monitoring the lists, and it seems like the wink community is doing fine w/out me.

To be extra clear, this is not an issue which should directly affect Wink or any other projects.  My situation was, as I imagine unique and was brought about by some internal confusion at IBM, with my specific manager at the time, wrt how the ASF functions.

Sorry for the noise folks.  Had I imagined I'd get response times measured in minutes I probably would have crafted the email I sent differently.

--jason

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

No apologies needed :) All of us are certainly trying to do the best we can given our life experiences.

thanks,
-- dims

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I think the wink community is doing fine.  I have been watching all public communication before and since I was given commitership.  I just thought it fair the the group to tell them I can no longer devote time.  Partly because of the IBM fallout, but more so that I am working on too many open-source projects already and can not be an effective member for wink at this time.

So, as Dimms said, please don't jump the gun.

:-)

--jason

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying Jason. Am very sorry to hear about this. If i can be of any help, please let me know.

-- dims

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Jason

It is very worrying that you got threatening emails from anyone
involved in the project. Have you brought this up with the mentors? Do
you feel that the project needs further independent mentors?

Paul

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> Sorry folks, after my massive falling out with IBM.... I'm unable to help out with any more wink development.  I wish things had turned out differently, mostly on the heads of IBM... no chance I will *ever* work with them again.
>
> I wish you all the best, but I am afraid I can not continue working on this project.
>
> Sorry it has taken so long, got some threatening emails from IBM on the subject, so I kept quiet.  But I feel its not fair, so i wanted to officially resign.  I hope that does not have any effect or your graduation.
>
> Sorry,
>
> --jason

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2
Apache Synapse PMC Chair
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Jason, I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to continue working on the
project.  In the time you were with us you made some significant
contributions and your input will be missed.

As for the threatening emails, I just want to clarify that those have not
come from anyone working on the Wink project that also works for IBM.  I
have not been aware of any such communication and cannot speak to the
source or the context of any such communication.

-Nick

             Jason Dillon
             <jason@planet57.c
             Sent by: Jason            wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             Dillon                                                     cc
             <jason.dillon@gma         general@incubator.apache.org
             il.com>                                               Subject
                                       Remove me from commiters

             11/24/2009 03:04
             AM

             Please respond to
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org

Re: Remove me from commiters

Re: Remove me from commiters

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Jason

It is very worrying that you got threatening emails from anyone
involved in the project. Have you brought this up with the mentors? Do
you feel that the project needs further independent mentors?

Paul

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> Sorry folks, after my massive falling out with IBM.... I'm unable to help out with any more wink development.  I wish things had turned out differently, mostly on the heads of IBM... no chance I will *ever* work with them again.
>
> I wish you all the best, but I am afraid I can not continue working on this project.
>
> Sorry it has taken so long, got some threatening emails from IBM on the subject, so I kept quiet.  But I feel its not fair, so i wanted to officially resign.  I hope that does not have any effect or your graduation.
>
> Sorry,
>
> --jason

Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2