Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org> on 2015/08/14 17:48:21 UTC

CHECKING ACCOUNTS: Read-Only After Windows 10 Upgrade

I have some follow-up questions to add to those I requested in a previous post (forwarded to you separately).

Here are the additional questions:

UPGRADE PATH

 1. Was the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, 8, or 8.1?:

 2. Did you do a "clean-install" or use the automatically-offered upgrade procedure?

 3. In the original system, did you have a "classical" user account with a one-word User ID or did you have a "Microsoft" user account which has the form of an email address?

 4. After the Windows 10 upgrade, did you create a different account from the one in (3) as your main account?

Thanks you for helping us to narrow this down in search of some reusable advice that we can use with other users who have the same difficulty.

 - Dennis

Posted by doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 08/14/2015 11:48 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I have some follow-up questions to add to those I requested in a previous post (forwarded to you separately).

Just a quick question: how are permissions assigned and changed in
Windows 7, 8.1, 10?
I'm not afraid of (and would prefer) command line instructions.

--doug