Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ronald Klop <ro...@base.nl> on 2004/03/02 10:52:35 UTC

5.0.19 docs about new clustering config?

Hello,

Are there (up-to-date) docs about the new clustering config in 5.0.19?
Some attributes are not in the example configĀ (like 'name') and the documents arn't very clear if it's still needed or not.

Greetings,

Ronald.

problem with server.xml

Posted by Dave Robbins <dr...@drobbins.net>.
Hello All,

I'm trying to setup the mod_jk connector between tomcat 5.0.16 and apache
1.3.x on a linux box. I've got the connector compiled and installed in
apache and I can point a browser at www.mydomain.com/servlet/foo and I get
an error message from tomcat, not apache, saying resource not available,so
I believe the connector is sucsefully talking to tomcat.
The next step is to create a workers.properties and server.xml file for
tomcat. The howto's I'm looking at have sample files, workers.properties
looks pretty straight forward but I'm kinda confused about server.xml.
Both howto's say to backup the default server.xml and start from scratch,
I've pasted their template at the bottom. When I try using their
server.xml tomcat won't even start, when I run the startup script tomcat
fails without any error message, obviously I need to tweak some stuff. It
looks like I should change "your_domain" to my domain name and docBase to
where my application is but these changes don't fix things. Does anybody
see what I'm doing wrong?? I've looked in the log files but didn't see
anything helpful

Thanx
Dave

        <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

                        address="127.0.0.1" port="8009" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
                        enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

                <Engine name="your_engine" debug="0"
defaultHost="your_domain">
                        <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
                                prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
                                timestamp="true"/>
                        <Host name="your_domain" debug="0" unpackWARs="true">

                                <Context path=""
docBase="/home/tomcat/your_application"
                                debug="0" reloadable="true" />

                        </Host>
                </Engine>

        </Service>

</Server>

RE: 5.0.19 docs about new clustering config?

Posted by "Filip Hanik (lists)" <de...@hanik.com>.
hi Ronald,
the docs are not yet up to date, gotta make sure I can pay rent first then
Tomcat docs :)

Filip

Are there (up-to-date) docs about the new clustering config in 5.0.19?
Some attributes are not in the example configĀ (like 'name') and the
documents arn't very clear if it's still needed or not.

Greetings,

Ronald.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.