Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com> on 2002/02/28 09:58:48 UTC

fop-0.20.3rc2 problems

Hi Christian,

There is one problem with the rc2. It appears that the TextState, ts, is
not initialised in FObjMixed. Causing the following error.
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at org.apache.fop.fo.FObjMixed.addCharacters(FObjMixed.java:47)
         at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.characters(FOTreeBuilder.java:166)
This happens with the markers example, glossary.xml, glossary.xsl.

As for the logger, maybe this should be updated to the latest version
rather than b4.

Keiron.

Re: fop-0.20.3rc2 problems

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Keiron Liddle wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> There is one problem with the rc2. It appears that the TextState, ts, is
> not initialised in FObjMixed. Causing the following error.
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.fop.fo.FObjMixed.addCharacters(FObjMixed.java:47)
>         at
> org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.characters(FOTreeBuilder.java:166)
> This happens with the markers example, glossary.xml, glossary.xsl.

Fixed.
(seems like I'm to blame for this bug .. we definitely need more tests)

Thanks Keiron!

> As for the logger, maybe this should be updated to the latest version
> rather than b4.

Latest version is 1.0.1, seems like we just can replace the jar.

I'll try it this evening and if I notice no problems I'll make the release.

> Keiron.

Christian