Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by kbennett <kb...@bbsinc.biz> on 2007/09/10 22:28:14 UTC

Patch == SVN Diff?

For submission patches, will an svn diff work?  Or is there another
style/format required?

Thanks,
Keith

Re: Patch == SVN Diff?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 9/10/07, kbennett <kb...@bbsinc.biz> wrote:
> For submission patches, will an svn diff work?  Or is there another
> style/format required?

svn diff is perfect. I typically produce patch files like this:

    $ cd my/project/directory
    $ ... // edit source files
    $ mvn clean package // rebuild/-test everything as a sanity check
    $ svn status // check what files I've touched
    $ svn add ... // if I've created any new files (shown as "?" by svn status)
    $ svn diff > my-latest-changes.patch

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Patch == SVN Diff?

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Dennis Kubes developed a good page for this on the Nutch wiki. I'd say a lot
of the patch rules that apply in Nutch would apply here in Tika. Check out:

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Becoming_A_Nutch_Developer

Do a search for " svn stat". That's the part of the page that discusses
creating a patch file.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll try to answer them.

Thanks!

Cheers,
  Chris

On 9/10/07 1:28 PM, "kbennett" <kb...@bbsinc.biz> wrote:

> For submission patches, will an svn diff work?  Or is there another
> style/format required?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Key Staff Member
Modeling and Data Management Systems Section (387)
Data Management Systems and Technologies Group

Office: 171-266B                        Mailstop:  171-246