Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Palak Shah <sp...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/01 07:39:00 UTC

Re: Storm - Local Cluster Class

After inspecting the Localcluster class, I have concluded that it is not an
accurate representation of an actual Storm Cluster. It will not help me at
all in understanding the bare minimum components of storm.

Localcluster class uses VoltDB, a distributed, in-memory database to store
tuples. A Storm Cluster uses zeroMQ Queues (netty in newer releases) to
send tuples from spouts to bolts. Thus, the design of Local Cluster is
totally different from an actual Storm Cluster. So this path will not help
me reach my goal.

I am still intent on integrating storm with beaglebone and for that, I'm
studying the Storm code closely. Do let me know if you have any insights /
suggestions for me.

Thanks,
Palak