Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Karthik Ananthakrishnan <ka...@beyondsquare.com> on 2018/01/18 19:18:42 UTC

Scheduler Jobs - Quartz.

Hello All,

I am trying to understand Mifos in depth and add new features to it.

I am trying to understand how the scheduler in MIFOS works. I figured out that MIFOS uses Spring quartz scheduler for achieving this. I would like to know how this will work when we have like 50 tenants connected.? Can I use a separate server to schedule for all tenants or a set of tenants.? Each tenant has separate schedulers which are not linked.? Or same scheduler runs for all tenants.?

Have few more queries. If anyone has good knowledge of setting up schedulers, I would like to talk to them and understand more.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik

Re: Scheduler Jobs - Quartz.

Posted by Karthik Ananthakrishnan <ka...@beyondsquare.com>.
Thank You Ed for the connect,

Hello all.

Below are my queries.

1. MIFOS by default implements RAMStore Quartz Scheduler which is a NON_CLUSTERED.
2. Quartz scheduler provisions CLUSTERED SCHEDULER by using DB/Terracotta.
3. For our application, we will have to use Clustered scheduler for efficiency and also for HA. Need to know if CLUSTERED Setup was explored or implemented. If yes, Was it DBStore or Terracotta Store. What infra is required.?
4. How does this work for Multi-Tenants. Can i setup a clustered scheduler for 1 set of tenants.? Or Clustering is across all tenants.? Was this explored.?
5. As per our understanding of MIFOS scheduler implementation, Jobs run per tenant. Suppose job is same for 2 different tenants. Job run individually for tenant. Is this correct.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Karthik

On 23/01/18, 10:59 PM, "Ed Cable" <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:

    I just wanted to surface this email directly to a few of the contributors
    in the community who'd be in the best position to respond about a clustered
    scheduler setup for Fineract.

    Avik, Vishwas, Sander - could you share some insight?

    Ed

    --
    *Ed Cable*
    President/CEO, Mifos Initiative