Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Fush <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/10 11:38:16 UTC

Define ServerUrl externally for ActiveMQ Resource Adapter

Hi!
I have deployed the activemq-rar-5.1.0.rar to my Jboss server. But I don't
like the fact that ServerUrl is defined in the ra.xml inside the rar. I
would like to set the value of this property (ie the url itself) in a more
accessible place, for example in a properties file in the conf directory. Or
in the ejb-jar.xml for the message driven bean that uses the adapter. Is
there a way to do this?

Re: Define ServerUrl externally for ActiveMQ Resource Adapter

Posted by Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>.

Fush wrote:

> Hi!
> I have deployed the activemq-rar-5.1.0.rar to my Jboss server.

I'd recommend removing the version number from "activemq-rar-5.1.0.rar".

Or you have to update all your EJB deployment descriptors everytime you
deploy a new ActiveMQ resource adapter.

(or is there a solution for this? In Glassfish the name is independent of
the rar name)

Hans

Re: Define ServerUrl externally for ActiveMQ Resource Adapter

Posted by Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>.

Fush wrote:

> Hi!
> I have deployed the activemq-rar-5.1.0.rar to my Jboss server. But I don't
> like the fact that ServerUrl is defined in the ra.xml inside the rar. I
> would like to set the value of this property (ie the url itself) in a more
> accessible place, for example in a properties file in the jboss conf
> directory. Or in the ejb-jar.xml for the message driven bean that uses the
> adapter. Is there a way to do this?

This one is much more flexible: https://jmsjca.dev.java.net/
https://jmsjca.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jmsjca/jmsjca/unifiedjms/src/userdoc/sun-jms-adapter-readme.html

"dynamic" connection factory: the application code in an EJB can specify the
URL to a different JMS server in the username (createConnection(username,
password)) so that it can connect to an arbitrary JMS server, rather than
being limited to the ones bound in JNDI.

Not sure whether it will work with ActiveMQ.

I want to try it, soon, probably by adding some configuration classes

Hans