Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by benjelloun <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/23 10:36:52 UTC

index a repository of documents(.doc) without using post.jar

Hello,

I need to index a repository of documents(.doc) without using post.jar, i'm
using Solr with Tomcat6.
maybe its with http REST api, but how to use it?
Thanks for your answer,

Best regards,
Anass BENJELLOUN

Re: index a repository of documents(.doc) without using post.jar

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
Hey Anass,

Have look at another Apache project : http://manifoldcf.apache.org

It works with Tomcat/Solr. It is handy to handle deletions and incremental updates.

On Friday, May 23, 2014 3:41 PM, benjelloun <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

There is no inconvenience, i just need to index some files from the system
using JEE and tomcat6, maybe there is a fonction which call HTTP REST.
Maybe there is a solution to integrate post.jar to tomcat6.
Please if you know any solution to my probleme, suggest it to me.
Thanks,

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
There's an example of using curl to make a REST call to update a core on
this page:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages

If that doesn't help, please let us know what error you're receiving.

Michael Della Bitta

Applications Developer

o: +1 646 532 3062

appinions inc.

“The Science of Influence Marketing”

18 East 41st Street

New York, NY 10017

t: @appinions <https://twitter.com/Appinions> | g+:
plus.google.com/appinions<https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112002776285509593336/112002776285509593336/posts>
w: appinions.com <http://www.appinions.com/>

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Feel free to look at the source code for post.jar. I mean, all it is really
doing is scanning the directory (optionally recursively) and then streaming
each file to Solr.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Is there a particular reason you are adverse to using post.jar? I mean, if
there is some bug or inconvenience, let us know so we can fix it!

The Solr server itself does not provide any ability to "crawl" file systems
(LucidWorks Search does.) post.jar does provide that convenience.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Post jar is just there for convenience. Look at the relevant WIKI
pages for actual URL examples:
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages

Regards,
   Alex