Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/24 04:12:26 UTC

Re: BCEL 6 release?

On 23 October 2013 23:10, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wish we could just keep each version on the site...

We can; several components have multiple Javadoc directories.

Also there is no reason why the website should not reflect the
released version, rather than current trunk.

>From the point of view of an end-user, it's pretty useless if the site
documentation corresponds to a version that does not exist as a
downloadable release.

Re: BCEL 6 release?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24 October 2013 03:25, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:12 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 23 October 2013 23:10, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I wish we could just keep each version on the site...
>>
>> We can; several components have multiple Javadoc directories.
>>
>> Also there is no reason why the website should not reflect the
>> released version, rather than current trunk.
>>

> Yeah, sure, some components do that, which is nice. I'm talking about the
> whole site for a given version. This allows you to see the whole kit for
> whatever version you're dealing with, docs, Javadocs, reports and all.

I see no reason why that would not also be possible, using the same
technique as for the Javadocs.
However, I question whether it is worth it in most cases.
Provided that the @since markers and change history are accurate, it
seems like a lot of work for not much gain.

Re: BCEL 6 release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com