Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Jack L. Stone" <ja...@sage-american.com> on 2004/09/24 03:33:50 UTC

SA-3.0.0 for FBSD Ports

Does anyone know who is handling the update of the FBSD ports for the new
SA-3 release? Or better yet, when it is scheduled?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

Sage American
http://www.sage-american.com
jacks@sage-american.com

Re: [sa-list] SA-3.0.0 for FBSD Ports

Posted by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org>.
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Jack L. Stone wrote:

> Does anyone know who is handling the update of the FBSD ports for the new
> SA-3 release? Or better yet, when it is scheduled?

The ports tree is currently frozen in preparation for Freebsd 5.3-Release,
so it may be a while.

(I recently asked when bind 9.3.0 would be in)

-Dan

--

"Tonite on reboot!  People misspelling as many words with sexual
connotations as possible..."

-Keyo-Chan, February 10th 1999, Undernet #reboot

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 08:33:50PM -0500, Jack L. Stone wrote:
> Does anyone know who is handling the update of the FBSD ports for the new
> SA-3 release? Or better yet, when it is scheduled?

Last I heard (second-hand from a FBSD dev) was that ports was closed to new
packages at the moment, and the version they had was 2.64.  FYI.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
And remember not to act afraid.  Animals can smell fear.  And they

 		-- Homer Simpson
 		   The Call of the Simpsons

Re: SA-3.0.0 for FBSD Ports

Posted by Mathieu Arnold <ma...@FreeBSD.org>.
+-Le 25/09/2004 18:16 -0500, Jack L. Stone a dit :
| At 07:32 PM 9.25.2004 +0200, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
|> It's scheduled to be updated as soon as the port tree is unfrozen, if you
|> want to test the patch, it's available there :
|> <http://people.freebsd.org/~mat/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.0.diff>
|
| Mat: Thanks, the patch worked smoothly as silk. Had to do some tweaking
| here 'n there, but you covered the big job very well -- dependencies, etc.
| Found I needed NET::LDAP according to debug.

Well, Net::LDAP is a specificity of your local configuration (like it could
have been for instance DBD::mysql or DBD::whatever), and as I don't want to
add them all or to add a long long list of possible dependencies to keep it
simple, I'll leave that kind of thing to the upgrade procedure everyone's
going to have to follow :-)

| SA-3.0 is up and running on my test box and looks good.

Nice to hear positive feedback :-)

--
Mathieu Arnold

Re: SA-3.0.0 for FBSD Ports

Posted by "Jack L. Stone" <ja...@sage-american.com>.

Re: SA-3.0.0 for FBSD Ports

Posted by Mathieu Arnold <ma...@FreeBSD.org>.

Re: SA-3.0.0 for FBSD Ports

Posted by Sherwood Botsford <sb...@sjsa.ab.ca>.
On Thursday 23 September 2004 19:33, Jack L. Stone wrote:
> Does anyone know who is handling the update of the FBSD
> ports for the new SA-3 release? Or better yet, when it is
> scheduled?
>
> Thanks!

Since it's in limbo right now, install using CPAN.  Quite
painless really.  (Assuming that you have a version 5.6 of
perl installed.)

--
Sherwood Botsford
St. John's School of Alberta