Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tc...@freesurf.fr on 2005/12/29 12:57:59 UTC

Help with JMeter vs Simple scenario

Hi,

Situation:
Web app. with 2 operations:
  Creation of users
  Delete a User.

Scenario for deleting a user:
Display the list of Users
Select the interrested User
Delete the selected User.

I am Trying to load test this simple web app.
Spec : Create 150 Users and delete 100 users

JMeter Scenario:
+Test Plan
  +Thread Group
     +Default Http Request
     +connect
     +Create User : While Controller (N=150)
        +Counter (N=1; 150; inc=1)
        +Create User   (parameter UserName${N})
           +Constant Timer
     +Delete User : While Controller (M=100)
        +Counter (M=1; 100; inc=1)
        +Display List of Users
        +Select a User (parameter UserName${M}, selectedUserId${M}) ==>
checkbox or whatever
           +Constant Timer
        +Delete User (parameter UserName${M}, selectedUserId${M})  ==>
submit button
     +Disconnect
+--Workbench
  +--HttpProxyServer
     +--Constant Timer

My problem is the Delete Scenario: the select action

When I select a user, the Proxy registers the Id of the selected User.
I would like to grab this Id at each of the 100 iterations. and use it in
the delete action.

This seems to be a very common scenario, but I dont know how to do it with
JMeter.
Since I am not yet an experienced JMeter user, I have unsuccessfully tried
Html link parser, regular expresion ...
It sounds as I am looking so far for a very simple solution.

Thanks for your Help.

Re: Help with JMeter vs Simple scenario

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
You should use a regular expression post-processor:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/UserManual/Reference/RegularExpressionExtractor

Attach it to the request that returns the page that holds the id value
(ie the 'display list of users' page).

-Mike