Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Sudarshan Kadambi (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN)" <sk...@bloomberg.net> on 2013/07/05 23:44:50 UTC

HBase masters file

HBase 0.92 used to have a /etc/hbase/conf/masters file, which contained the location of the HBase master. Has this file been removed in HBase 0.94.6? I see the regionservers file, but not the masters file in our deployment.

I also used the zoookeeper-client to browse the /hbase subtree. The /hbase/master znode is missing as well.

Is something mis-configured in our cluster? HBase looks to be functional - and I'm wondering how that is if I can't find any reference to the master node hostname in the configs.

-sudarshan

Re: HBase masters file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Sudarshan,

Are you using 0.94.6? Or 0.94.6.1? The former is not recommend.

regarding the master file, no, it's not required anymore, so you can
stop looking for it ;)

Regarding the ZK nodes, sorry, I don't know how it was in 0.92 so I
can't compare.

JM