Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Yan Zheng <yz...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/28 01:27:04 UTC

how to prevent maven-compiler-plugin from running during compile life cycle

Hi,

In my particular project settings, it's sometimes desirable to prevent the
maven's default compiler (maven-compiler-plugin) from running during the
compile phase.  Instead, we want to do the compilation using an Ant build
file.

Has anyone tried this -- preventing the maven-compiler-plugin from running
during the maven compile life cycle?

Thanks.
Yan

Re: how to prevent maven-compiler-plugin from running during compile life cycle

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/27/06, Yan Zheng <yz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my particular project settings, it's sometimes desirable to prevent the
> maven's default compiler (maven-compiler-plugin) from running during the
> compile phase.  Instead, we want to do the compilation using an Ant build
> file.

You can use a packaging type of 'pom' and then bind plugin executions
(such as antrun) wherever you want them.

--
Wendy