Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by LEEBAW Corine <co...@businessdecision.com> on 2015/08/18 12:00:55 UTC

Jmeter port to unblock

Hi,

I am trying to run stress tests using Jmeter.
Scripts are sent from the dev server to stress the production server.
Script running from DEV to DEV runs fine. However when running from DEV to PROD, we have the following error

1439817799224,45,/QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx,Non HTTP response code: java.io<http://java.io/>.IOException,Non HTTP response message

The same account is used. Using internet explorer from DEV displays the application located on the prod server

I have the feeling it is a firewall issue.

Do you know which protocol and which port is used by Jmeter that should be unblocked?

regards,
Corine L.

Re: Jmeter port to unblock

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18 August 2015 at 13:06, LEEBAW Corine
<co...@businessdecision.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sending http requests. Https is not used on my environment. Looking around the web I found that by default, Jmeter would use the port 1099. I have requested to the  security guys to unblock the 1099 port but then they are requesting whether tcp ou udp protocol is used. Any idea?

JMeter only uses port 1099 when you use it in client-server mode.
In which case it uses the Java RMI protocol. I don't know what that uses.
It can be very tricky to set up firewalls etc. to support RMI as it
also uses randomly chosen ports.
So don't use client-server mode.

RE: Jmeter port to unblock

Posted by LEEBAW Corine <co...@businessdecision.com>.

Hi,

Re: Jmeter port to unblock

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Re: Jmeter port to unblock

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.
I think Felix is right, you have to check "HTTP Request" and "HTTP
Request Defaults" properties. JMeter uses 80 for HTTP, 443 for HTTPS by
default but you can define any port.